|Breaking News :|
Bhopal, March 4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate first phase of Shri Singaji thermal power project at Dongliya in Khandwa district on March 5. The PM will also lay foundation stone for the second phase. First project is of 2X600 and second will be 6X660 MW. It is noteworthy that the project is being developed by MP Power Generating Company. Under its first phase, a 2X600 MW capacity unit has been established at a cost of Rs. 7820 crore. For the project, the state government has provided 20 percent share capital while remaining 80 percent funds have been obtained through loans. For the project, 4.99 million tones of coal have been allocated through coal linkages from Chhattisgarh's...
Bhopal, Mar 5: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday dedicated to the nation two units each of 600 MW of Shree Singaji Thermal Power Plant in the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh.
Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister said the government is committed to working on all sources of power generation and will provide electricity in every household of the country.
Union Power Minister Piyush Goel and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan were also present on the occasion. Shree Singaji Thermal Power Plant is a coal-fired project located in Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh.
New Delhi, Mar 4: Department of Telecom will start the biggest ever auction of 2G and 3G spectrum today where in 8 firms will bid to acquire radio waves in four bands, which may fetch the government over 82,000 crore. The government has planned to sell 380.75 Mega hertz of spectrum in three bands - the premium 900 Mega hertz, 1800 Mega hertz and 800 Mega hertz, besides 5 Mega hertz in the 2100 Mega hertz band across 17 out of 22 telecom areas in the country. Based on the reserve price, the government is estimated to garner over 82,000 crore rupees. The reserve price for auction of 2G spectrum in 800 MHz, 900 Mhz and 1800 MHz bands will fetch the government 64,840 crore rupees.
Bhopal, Mar 4: Education is the axis of development. The state government is laying emphasis on quality of teaching, said Higher & Technical Education Minister Umashankar Gupta at Dr. Shankardayal Sharma gold medal and award distribution function of Govt Gitanjali Girls Post-graduate College here on Tuesday. Colleges are temples of learning. The faculty must not limit themselves only to teaching subject courses but impart lessons in behavior etc. They should set examples for the students to emulate. Gupta said that skill development centres should be opened in the colleges and schemes should be chalked out to impart training to girl students in the trades of their choice.
New Delhi, Mar 5: The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, which seeks to replace an ordinance, also provides for imprisonment of up to 10 years for selling policies without registration with the regulator IRDA. The proposed legislation will also allow PSU general insurers to raise funds from the capital market and provides for increased penalty to deter multilevel marketing of insurance products. The bill, one of the key reform legislations, has been pending since 2008. Justifying the decision to raise the cap from 26 percent, Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha said the country needs this as our insurance penetration is low. Sinha expressed hope that the Congress will cooperate with the govt in Rajya Sabha where it is in minority to pass the bill.
Bhopal, Mar 3: A Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan here on Tuesday approved sand mining policy-2015 to make available sand to people at rational rates. At present the MP State Mining Corporation operates sand mines in 53 tehsils of 18 districts while the Collectors manage mines in the remaining 33 districts. From now on, the Govt will take the e-auction route to invite interested parties in the sand mining sector. Now, bidders for this process will have to deposit only 10 percent instead of 25 percent of government auction as security deposit. Security deposit will be deposited through e-Payment. E-Auction and rationalisation of security deposit...